Looking for business updates, COVID-19 Policy and related FAQs?
Please review these important details here. The below FAQs still apply but please be aware that our operations and experiences may have been temporarily suspended or amended. You can always email your question or give us a call at 707-895-2410. We appreciate your interest and support from afar as well as your patience in adapting to our changes in business during these times.
Can our dog visit the tasting room with us?
Dogs on a leash are welcome to join you on the patio where we have an outdoor tasting bar. Dogs are not allowed to accompany you on tours; our goats and sheep are protected by a guardian dog and a llama who become aggressive towards unknown animals. Your dog must remain on the patio with owner supervision or remain in your car for the duration of the tour.
Anything for kids on the farm?
All ages are welcome to join us on Farm Tours. We also pour grape juice in lieu of wine during tastings.
How long are Farm Tours? Are they handicap accessible?
Farm tours are typically a 45-minute walk followed by an estate wine and cheese tasting. Yes, the tours are handicap accessible, traversing paved walkways and then a well-maintained dirt road.
I heard you have delicious food, what's up with that?
Our on-site kitchen provides farmstead cheese plates and a beloved SmorgasBoard to pair with our estate wines as well as a limited lunch menu with farm favorites from 11am–3pm. We also have a deli case stocked with beverages and grab-and-go snacks. Not to miss are our Farm Events where we showcase the bounty from our estate.
Please enjoy outside food and drink before visiting us.
Do you offer a Wine & Food Pairing?
Our estate chef crafts a special menu for our Flight & Bites program (formerly "Farmstead Wine & Food Pairing) designed with the seasonality of our farm and featuring our estate wines, cheeses, meats and produce. This seated experience is offered on select weekends by reservation. Provided with advance notice, our chef is happy to create a food pairing with only our cheeses and produce. Please call to request this menu option.
I have a food allergy or dietary restriction, can you accommodate me?
We do our best to accommodate our guests with food allergies and dietary restrictions with advance notice. For our hosted Farm Events, we have included a dietary restriction/food allergy field for you to select when purchasing your tickets. For our Flight & Bites, we must have 72 hours notice before your reservation, so it is important to write in your food allergy in the designated field when booking online or call us. If you are coming in just for a tasting or lunch, please alert your host.
Please be aware: Our kitchen utilizes corn, soy, nuts, gluten, dairy, shellfish, and fish. We are unable to provide vegan substitutions as we are a farmstead creamery.
We are a large group interested in visiting your tasting room and may want to have lunch after, do we need a reservation?
A large group, 6 persons* or more, visiting Pennyroyal Farm for a tasting or lunch, must have a reservation and pre-order wine and food services. All large group reservations are subject to county restrictions which may change at any point. The following policies will be adhered and associated fees will be applied:
- Food or lunch service must be pre-ordered at least 24 hours in advance and will be served "family-style." Please specify any food allergies/dietary restrictions and special requests ahead of arrival. Not all requests may be accommodated and are subject to availability.
- Checks are unable to be split among guests. Please plan to have one payment type for the entire group's wine and food services check. Take-home purchases can be on individual checks.
- A group of 5 persons or more will be subject to an 18% service fee for wine and food services. Take-home purchases will be excluded.
- For a group of more than 6 persons, the group will be seated at separate tables with no more than 6 persons seated per table, and a minimum wine purchase of one case (12 bottles) is required. An 18% service fee will be added to food service only.
- A group of more than 12 persons is considered a Private Event and a site usage fee will be applied in addition to the above policies. A Private Event is subject to county restrictions, a signed agreement, and the approval by the tasting room manager or owner.
* A person is defined as an individual who will be seated at the table. Children over the age of 2 and adults under 21 years of age must be included in the guest count.
How far is Pennyroyal Farm from the Bay Area?
It's only a couple hours drive north. It's a windy yet scenic drive, so plan an extra 20-45min for a break or two.
When can I meet the goats?
During our Farm Tours! Reservations will be available at a later date.
Do you host private events at Pennyroyal Farm?
Potentially, yes. Send an email to email@example.com with some information about your prospective event and we'll follow up with our venue details as well as estate wine and food offerings.
Are you organic?
We are not certified organic. We strive to be a regenerative farm: our farming methods are sustainable and utilize minimal fossil fuel; our vineyard is fertilized by a compost program, fueled by waste from the barn; two onsite holding ponds provide all irrigation water for the garden and vineyard; diversified crops and animal husbandry are in constant rotation.
Where are Pennyroyal Farm's wine grapes grown?
Our Pinot Noir and Sauvignon Blanc are grown right here, on 23 acres in our low fossil fuel vineyard! Our Chardonnay is grown just down the road at our home ranch, Navarro Vineyards & Winery
How are you related to Navarro Vineyards & Winery?
We are the same family! Pennyroyal Farm and Navarro Vineyards & Winery are sister estates book-ending Anderson Valley.
Where/how can I buy Pennyroyal wines and cheeses outside of Anderson Valley?
We can ship our wines and cheeses all over the country! Visit our online store.