Can our dog visit the tasting room with us?
Dogs are welcome to join you for your reservation on the patio. All dogs must remain on leash and are not allowed in our culinary garden. We have an enclosed, off-leash dog park located by the parking lot. All dogs must be supervised by their owners at all times. Dogs are not allowed to accompany you on tours; our goats and sheep are protected by a guardian dog and a llama who become aggressive towards unknown animals. Your dog must remain on the patio with owner supervision or remain in your car for the duration of the tour.
Anything for kids on the farm?
All ages are welcome on our Farm Tour. We also pour grape juice in lieu of wine during tastings.
How long is your Farm Tour? Are they handicap-accessible?
The Farm Tour is typically a 45-minute walk around the property followed by an estate wine and cheese tasting. Yes, the tours are handicap accessible, traversing paved walkways and then a well-maintained dirt road.
I heard you have delicious food, what's up with that?
Pennyroyal's estate kitchen curates a Farm Fare menu that features farmstead cheese plates, our beloved SmorgasBoard, and seasonal small plates highlighting our culinary garden's bounty and estate-raised meats. This menu is available to all guest reservations and walk-ins (first come, first served) and is offered on Tock To-Go. On certain weekends we offer a Farmstead Spread (our prix fixe lunch) and host special wine and food events announced here.
Please enjoy outside food and drink before visiting us. Picnicking is not allowed on the property either.
Do you offer a Wine & Food Pairing?
Our estate chef crafts a special menu for our Flight & Bites program (formerly "Farmstead Wine & Food Pairing") designed with the seasonality of our farm and featuring our estate wines, cheeses, meats, and produce. This seated experience is offered on select weekends by reservation. Provided with advance notice, our chef is happy to create a food pairing with only our cheeses and produce. Please call to request this menu option.
I have a food allergy or dietary restriction, can you accommodate me?
We do our best to accommodate our guests with food allergies and dietary restrictions with advance notice. For our hosted Farm Events, we have included a dietary restriction/food allergy field for you to select when booking. We must have 72 hours notice before your reservation to notify us of any food allergy when booking. If you are coming in just for a tasting, please alert your host.
Please be aware: Our kitchen utilizes corn, soy, nuts, gluten, dairy, shellfish, and fish. We are unable to provide vegan substitutions as we are a farmstead creamery.
We are a large group interested in visiting your tasting room, do we need a reservation for a tasting or lunch?
A large group, 8 persons* or more, visiting Pennyroyal Farm for a seated experience, must have a reservation and pre-order wine and food services. All large group reservations are subject to county restrictions which may change at any point. The following policies will be adhered to and associated fees applied:
- Food or lunch service must be pre-ordered at least 24 hours in advance and will be served "family-style." Please specify any food allergies/dietary restrictions and special requests before arrival. Not all requests may be accommodated and are subject to availability.
- Checks are unable to be split among guests. Please plan to have one payment type for the entire group's wine and food services check. Take-home purchases can be on individual tabs.
- A group of 5 persons or more will be subject to a 20% service fee for wine and food services. Take-home purchases will be excluded.
- For a group of more than 8 persons, a minimum wine purchase of one case (12 bottles) is required. A 20% service fee will be added to food service only.
- A group of more than 12 persons is considered a Private Event. A site usage fee and a minimum wine purchase in addition to the above policies will be required. A Private Event is subject to county restrictions, a signed agreement, and approval by the tasting room manager or owner.
* A person is defined as an individual who will be seated at the table. Children over the age of 2 and adults under 21 years of age must be included in the guest count.
How far is Pennyroyal Farm from the Bay Area?
It's only a couple hours' drive north and indeed, it is a windy yet scenic drive, so plan an extra 20-45min for a break or two.
When can I meet the goats?
During our Farm Tour! See all tour and booking details here.
Do you host private events at Pennyroyal Farm?
Potentially, yes. Send an email to email@example.com with some information about your prospective event and we'll follow up with our venue details as well as estate wine and food offerings.
Are you organic?
We are not certified organic. We strive to be a regenerative farm: our farming methods are sustainable and utilize minimal fossil fuel; our vineyard is fertilized by a compost program, fueled by waste from the barn, and certified Fish Friendly Farming; two onsite holding ponds provide all irrigation water for the garden and vineyard; diversified crops and animal husbandry are in constant rotation.
Where are Pennyroyal Farm's wine grapes grown?
How are you related to Navarro Vineyards & Winery?
We are the same family! Pennyroyal Farm and Navarro Vineyards are family estates book-ending Anderson Valley.
Where/how can I buy Pennyroyal wines and cheeses outside of Anderson Valley?
We can ship our wines and cheeses all over the country! Visit our online store.